Dynamo player and sequence in which it runs

Good evening, I have some small inconveniences in the script, the idea is that it works as follows:

1. elevation
    2.Solid
    And so on with several solids, but the errors I find is that the solid is generated first and then the elevation, and if I select another object it no longer works.

ELEV+HATCH.dyn (18.0 KB)

You could try the Passthrough node.

Hi @Christhian,

You’ve created what’s called a race condition by have two separate branches that are independent from one another. After the Select Objects node, the flow then branches to the Object.Geometry node and the ObjectExtensions.SetParameterValueByName. There is nothing telling the computer that it should execute one or the other first, so it’s essentially a “race” between the two. There is a high likelihood that this will lead to inconsistent results. What you need to do is add a simple gate so that you force the elevation parameter to be set before you get the geometry. This post should help.

4 Likes

Great explanation! @mzjensen

@mzjensen would it be something like that? What am I doing wrong?

Is it working how you would expect now?

I think that the order is already solved when creating it, but because every time I create a solid the previous one is deleted, there is a way to request that
I’ve tried changing the name of the layer but it still doesn’t work

Animation

Ah OK, I see. That’s an issue with bindings. If you want it to generate new solids every time a new polyline is selected, you’ll need to change the binding settings. See this post.

2 Likes

@mzjensen it works for me thank you very much

2 Likes