Dynamo Office Hours: Parametric Pumpkins

Some of Zach’s inspiration from Halloween’s past.

Are you all about the Spooky Season? :ghost: Do you like Pumpkins? :jack_o_lantern: Want to flex your parametric muscles? Then look no further than our session on the “Parametric Pumpkin”, where we deep dive into carving out pumpkins in Dynamo with special guest @Zach_Kron, as we go on an eerie journey into realms unknown. Learn how to manipulate geometry for pumpkintastic results, exploring how to build a graph in a flexible way so that you can generate hundreds if not thousands of spooky options. :headstone:

Come sign up and join us on this journey for ooh’s, aah’s and maybe the odd eek!

• When: Thursday, 27th October @ 1PM EST (East-coast US) :clock1:
  • Where: Zoom! Sign-up in the in the link above. :computer:
  • Who: All of you! :people_holding_hands:
17 Likes

I thought this was gunna be another forum competition :laughing:

5 Likes

Kia Ora!

Would it be possible to make a recording?

I have one of your fellow country-person’s at the firm who can’t make it…

Kind regards,

Mark

@Mark.Ackerley all of the Dynamo Office Hours series are recorded :smiley: You can find them at Dynamo Office Hours - #2

3 Likes

@solamour
That was a great session. It was particularly informative to see @Zach_Kron not just recreate the graph live, but to go through the whole development process, trying out different things until the desired result for that step was achieved.

3 Likes

@David_Koch agreed! Zach is a Dynamo genius and always does awesome things that are slightly left field, but always highly educational :books:

3 Likes

@solamour
I know DesignScript is no secret to you.
So i have a challenge for you, and anybody else here who wants to have a go at it. :slight_smile:
How about the animated Hypocycloid (by @Zach_Kron ) in this thread (in DS) .

2 Likes

Didn’t @jacob.small already do it? :smiley:

2 Likes

So sorry for bringing that up :slight_smile:
Can this thread be in the challenges Category and maybe some other threads too?
That would be nice
Edit:
I can do it myself i found

3 Likes

Huh… I don’t even remember doing that one. Today I learned that I forgot I did a thing once. :laughing:

2 Likes

I often find answers to questions that I answered before… and I’m like “Oh, that’s cool… oh that’s me” :sweat_smile: :roll_eyes:

2 Likes