Dynamo Office Hours Follow Up - Civil 3D API (05/12/2022)

Hey @mzjensen, I really enjoyed the presentation today but was sad to see the presentation get cut short due to time. Was there anything else that you intended to share that perhaps could be shared on a thread instead?

I’m definitely going to be studying/deep diving into the recording of the presentation and would love any additional materials/examples you intended to share!

4 Likes

Sure, I’ll upload the dataset when I get a chance :+1:
Any other follow-up questions or things that didn’t make sense?

5 Likes

I’m sure I will have plenty but I need to go back and study it on my off hours a bit. Will get back to you on that :slight_smile:

1 Like

Hi,

cant see the link of recording, please post it here if you find it.

The vod has yet to be released. It will be posted here: https://youtube.com/playlist?list=PLdlF7MirPEC2yNFTGymESd3t7Xosfk9c2

5 Likes

Here’s the direct link:
https://youtu.be/6NUu4sRMkTU

9 Likes

Thanks Zachri. Totally appreciate you going on and helping out the civil community. Definitely going to study the presentation a lot this weekend!

1 Like

Well done Enginerd :+1:

3 Likes

Oh and well done to you too Anton, didn’t you just release a new version of your book on programing with .NET for AutoCAD? Looks like a good opportunity to practice my Dutch and Programming. I’ll be sure to pick up a copy. Gefeliciteerd!

1 Like

Thanks :slight_smile: At the moment I am working on an English version. But it is not like programming for Dynamo, so if that would be your goal, it is not the right book.

3 Likes

Here is the dataset.

Demo.dwg (3.0 MB)
SetCorridorName.py (1.2 KB)
SetCorridorNamesToAlignmentNames.py (1.4 KB)
CreateVolumeSurface.py (1.4 KB)
ReportVolumeProperties.py (1.3 KB)

9 Likes

OMG :smiley:
How did I missed this?
Thanks @mzjensen

2 Likes

Hi @mzjensen, thank you for this. I tested your scipts. It works fine. Only when I use ReportVolumeProperties code in Python node in Dynamo Civil 3D exit with error. Does it behave similarly for you? Can you please take a look at it? I use Civil 3D 2023.2.1.