Dynamo not responding

Hello all,
I have been continually running into the dynamo wall where it wont let me type anything into my script. It generally only happens on large scripts, but what doesnt make sense to me is all I am doing is typing in the search bar, so why does it take 2+ minutes just to type in the letter “a” into the search bar or on the right click screen on the graph? Also, even more perplexing is that this problem occurs even in all of the nodes are frozen but four or five nodes. See below. Also, I notice that this seems to happen only after the script has been run once, or more times. Seems like an odd defect. Is this a known issue? or is there anyway around this? please advise.

Are you in automatic mode? If so, switch out to manual as a start. Then clear out any old element bindings before you reopen the graph. Even if nodes are frozen, element bindings still need review and this can be very time consuming.

I already have it set to start in manual mode. And when I close and reopen dynamo, doesnt that clear out any old element bindings anyways or are you thinking of a different setting? These nodes were frozen before I even ran the graph so there shouldnt have been any element bindings at all, save for these few nodes…?

Best you fish this one out (at least per way) on your own:

1. Make a new project with nothing in it.
  2. Make a new dynamo graph which would create a wall, save the graph but do not run it.
  3. Do a save as immediately after saving, then run the graph. The only thing that should have changed is the fact that you ran the graph. Save the dynamo file and close Revit and Dynamo.
  4. Go to your file browser and check the file size for the ‘before run’ file and the ‘after run’ file.
1 Like

@jacob.small do u mind elaborating a lil bit more, what i’m facing right now is my revit working properly but as i click on dynamo first it goes Not responding and it takes around 10mins to open dynamo and later opening file in dynamo repeats the same thing goes not Responding for both the revit and dynamo, i thought updating to latest update of revit 2023 will resolve the issue so i updated it to 2023.1.30.97 still facing the same issue, even performance wise also not showing any irregularities

1 Like

Best to reach out to my colleagues in support by submitting a ticket in the accounts portal at manage.autodesk.com.

Before doing so recreate the issue in a fresh session.

1. Restart your CPU
  2. Launch Revit, and start a new project from no template
  3. Launch Dynamo for Revit (it should take around 10 minutes)
  4. Open a Dynamo graph file (it should take awhile again)
  5. Close Dynamo
  6. Close Revit

Note that Dynamo can be slowed by packages stored on a network location, so you may want to go into your preferences (in the Dynamo window) and make sure your manage node and package paths only have directories on your local disc.

1 Like

Thankyou for replying @jacob.small, Sorted it out finally.

1 Like