Dynamo missing from Civil 3d

Some of my coworkers do not have dynamo installed (2022 Civil 3D). Is there any way to install Dynamo without uninstalling Civil 3d and reinstalling it.

Thanks

have a look here:
https://www.autodesk.com/support/technical/article/caas/sfdcarticles/sfdcarticles/Dynamo-extension-is-missing-from-the-Manage-tab-in-Civil-3D.html

1 Like

Amigo @qnliebbe buenas. normally is default installed in the autodesk default installation, sauf if your CAD Support exclude it from the deployment should be there, however, not in all workspaces there is a button to launch it, if you are ussing Drifting & annotation try the comand aecclaunchdynamo to launch dynamo, hope this help!!

1 Like

Hi,

I’m also working for a company and we have an installation bug recently, maybe you are suffering the same issue.

When I had to reinstall Civil 3D recently for some reason, the 2nd installation process skipped the installation of Dynamo, but we could install it later manually.

I’m not 100% sure, but I think this was the folder where we installed the Dynamo from:
C:\Windows\SoftwareRepository\CIVIL-2022-ENU\image\CIV3D_2022_en-US\x64\Components\d4c
Maybe you use a newer version of the software, but I think you should have a similar folder structure.

My collegue from IT department (who managed the whole process) is out of office right now, when I reach her I can send you the exact place of the file.

Thanks guys. Aecclaunchdynamo didn’t work. I will try the snip below on Monday and let you guys know if it worked.

1 Like

Update: I have updated 3 coworkers Civil 3D to 2022.2.5 (so that they can use my dynamo scripts). 2 out of the 3 lost the Dynamo Button. The 2 that lost Dynamo, no longer have a Dynamo folder under Autodesk Folder. I tried coping my dynamo folder on to one of the computer that lost it and tried netloading the aeccdynamo.dll file and this did not work. I also tried AECCLAUNCHDYNAMO command and that did work. Any other ideas, thanks.

Denes,

Could I get some more information on how you installed Dynamo manually? I don’t have the following folder (C:\Windows\SoftwareRepository\CIVIL-2022-ENU\image\CIV3D_2022_en-US\x64\Components\d4c).

See my most recent post about all the things I have already tried.

Thanks! :smile:

Sorry, the collegue from our IT said that this folder only exists in our company system. She suggests you to download the lates update for C3D, unpack it, and you should find inside the latest Dynamo version (I think the installation file).
Or search for the “Dynamo4Civil.msi” file on your system.

1 Like

That worked!!! Thank you!!!