Dynamo MEP Units

Hi,

I had an issue with dynamo units. Ok I can understand it does not use SI units. But I am an engineer and I need to understand which unit it is using. “Convert Between Units” only use Length, Area and Volume. I want to understand Flow, Densitiy, Heating load etc. When I try to something with these parameters. I try everything to understand but I could not if you help to find to unit of paramater. I will appreciate. :slight_smile: Until I will find it I think I will close the test :slight_smile:

For ex:
<table style=“height: 97px;” width=“410”>
<tbody>
<tr>
<td>Category</td>
<td>Paraneter</td>
<td>In Revit</td>
<td>In Dynamo</td>
</tr>
<tr>
<td>Pping</td>
<td>Flow</td>
<td>0.17 L/s</td>
<td>0.006 (???)</td>
</tr>
<tr>
<td>Piping</td>
<td>Density</td>
<td>1000 kg/m^3</td>
<td>28.317 (???)</td>
</tr>
</tbody>
</table>

Thanks,

I think It could not editable post. So I need to right again because of table problem

Hi,

I had an issue with dynamo units. Ok I can understand it does not use SI units. But I am an engineer and I need to understand which unit it is using. “Convert Between Units” only use Length, Area and Volume. I want to understand Flow, Densitiy, Heating load etc. When I try to something with these parameters. I try everything to understand but I could not if you help to find to unit of paramater. I will appreciate. :slight_smile: Until I will find it I think I will close the test :slight_smile:

For ex:

Category Paraneter In Revit In Dynamo

Piping Flow 0.17 L/s 0.006 (???)

Piping Density 1000 kg/m^3 28.317 (???)

Thanks,

UmitB

http://revitmepturkey.blogspot.com.tr/

0.17 L/s = 0.006 cubic foot/second

1000kg/cum=28.317 gram per cubic foot

For goodness sake, stop using these stupid IP units! For how long will we see “colorful” updates with no real improvements?! SI units, guys, SI rulez!

Thanks for reply,

But there ise problem with this Dynamo Units :slight_smile: Because I could find these units in Revit, so I could not translate easily them like Celcius to Kelvin. Now I can complate my rules :slight_smile: I also understand Nikolay we are need SI units and give us :slight_smile:

Thanks for the report. This seems to indicate that some of the units translations are not happening between the stored value in imperial with the user-exposed value, which should be whatever you set. We’ll make sure this gets into the backlog.