Dynamo Language

Hi folks
I have Revit in English but Dynamo in Italian, can’t find the way to start Dynamo in English within Revit 2017.1
Any solution?

Thanks

Hi

uninstall dynamo and uninstall dynamo core

reinstall latest english version off dynamo

@pbpbpb - Are you using Dynamo Studio or Dynamo for Revit? Dynamo for Revit should inherit the Revit language.

FYI @Neal_Burnham

@Racel I mean Dynamo for Revit. but this is weird: my original Revit is in English (or it shoud, if I open Revit.exe it starts in English). I could use Dynamo sandbox in English, so I thought I can change a parameter to start Dynamo in English within Revit (where is the line with the link?).
If I un+install Dynamo as suggested, same issue…

Hi @pbpbpb - Wait, so are you using Dynamo for Revit or Dynamo Sandbox? In any case, here is a blog post we made a while back about localization that I believe is still valid…http://dynamobim.org/multilingual-dynamo/

This works for Sandox. As I mentioned before, Dynamo for Revit inherits the Revit language. There is no localization for Dynamo Studio.

Hi Racel
I’m not interested in Dynamo sandbox, I just mentioned it because I know it is possible to change language as you described in your blog (as all the other ADSK product).
I’d like to force the English version in Dynamo for Revit, is there any setting? Any xml setting file?
TKS!!!

Hi, I’ve been faced this same problem.

Is there any way to force the Revit Dynamo english version starts, regardless of original Revit language??

Like @pbpbpb and @Racel said, is possible to start the Dynamo Sandbox in any language using a switch in shortcut application.

I searched for a XML file for this into %app% directory, but not found any file to control this software behavor.

Any suggestion?

1 Like

@Ari_Monteiro @pbpbpb - IIRC, the only way to update the localization of Dynamo for Revit is to change the Revit language.

Here is a link on how to do that: https://knowledge.autodesk.com/support/revit-products/troubleshooting/caas/CloudHelp/cloudhelp/2017/ENU/Revit-Installation/files/GUID-BD09C1B4-5520-475D-BE7E-773642EEBD6C-htm.html

Thanks, @Racel!

Hi! I am facing a strange problem! The local language of Revit on my machine is set to Russian, but either Dynamo 1.3.3 or Dynamo 2.0.2 launches only in English. This is very strange and I cannot get what the problem is? I have tried uninstalling all versions of Dynamo and rewriting DynamoSettings file. But this does not help. Any suggestions appreciated!!

Hi,
Uninstall plugin BIM Inside.