Dynamo geometry line is not visible in revit

Hi…
Im totally a newbie for dynamo, please advice me further to solve my issue.
I was just trying to create a simple geometry line in dynamo thru revit 2019 and 2020, firstly I made a new project in revit the thru manage ribbon click dynamo and start a new scripts / nodes, it worked properly in dynamo window, but there is nothing happened and no line created in revit as seen as dynamo.
did I miss any step or what should I do to make that line visible in my revit ?

thanks
Hepi

your script is missing one node, the node that tells revit to make a model line, or a detail line, a detail line needs a view as one of the inputs.

1 Like

Hi Sir…
would you please advice me which node am I missing to tell revit to create geometry form or dynamo script ? I have actually learn that script follow one of a dynamo tutorial step by step, i didnt see any other node to make it tell revit in the tutorial video, but in that video that man can display the line from dynamo to revit without any special command. anyway, im very appreciate on your respond and guidance.

many thanks, sir.

rgds,
Hepi

The green numbers indicate there is an actual revit element (Id) created.
Every revit element in the model has one.

1 Like

Hi Sir,
I have tried to follow your script instruction as seen below, but there is still nothing visible in revit space, do i have to click what button to make it run in revit?

Thank You Sir

Rgds,
Hepi

your view scale is set to 1:100
the line created is just 10 units long (short)
try to zoom in or select by iD

1 Like

Hi Sir,
Thanks for your advice. I have found where my problem that is about my unit was using mm scale and I think it’s not matching to dynamo geometry setting, I was thought dynamo is unitless and nothing influence to revit, but soon after I change my revit into meter scale the line came out, then I try to make it back to mm scale but the endpoint number I change to much more greater from earlier 10 to 2000 or 20000 in dynamo.

anyway, thanks a lot and much appreciated on your help.

rgds,
Hepi

1 Like