Dynamo for NAVISWORKS

Hi guys,

I can see that there is some topics abou dynamo and navisworks… but, my english it’s not so good to understand everything… so… i made this topic to get an answer:

can i use dynamo in navisworks, like i can use in revit?

or is very limited?

1 Like

It’s been a long time since I’ve played around with Dynamo in Navisworks but I’ll try to answer your question from what I can remember.

Not exactly like you use it with Revit. You can use Dynamo to read information from Navisworks files and reports, but everything in Navisworks is just information from Revit. You have to remember that Navisworks doesn’t really create any new information. It just allows you to filter, sort, and manage existing Revit data. You can’t really modify any element information in Navisworks but you can create, modify, and run clash tests. This is where the benefit of using Dynamo comes in. You can automate clash tasks and even get new clash reports without having to manually open Navisworks.

There may have been some additional features added since then, but this is what I mostly used DynaWorks for when I was testing functionality.

Hope that helps.

4 Likes

Do you think it can be created?
Clash SETS…??
since I have an interference matrix with more than 4000 combinations.
Could you show me how I could create some sets with dynamo…??

2 Likes

I did this long time ago https://youtu.be/D8cAAAypf6w

1 Like

No comprendo muy bien que es lo que realiza tu SCRIPT…
-Crea un archivo XML…???

Yes, it does selection set and the combination of tests as required when loading the xml generated

How can I get your script…??

Hi @Nick_Boyts

I see there is a 3rd party application that appends data to the Navisworks model.

I guess I can do the same thing using Dynamo for Navisworks, no?

The purpose is to share all the metadata from Advance steel to

• Assemble, using Navisworks (.dwf)
    -An .ifc export

Kind regards,

Willem

Any Navisworks package is just using the Navisworks API to automate tasks in Dynamo. Just like Revit, you’re limited to what the API allows. I don’t know if DynamoWorks (or any other Navisworks packages) have a node for that or if you’d have to write your own.