Dynamo / Excel Project Parameters

Hi, I have to extract some project parameters already created in Revit which will be the titles of the headings in the columns of an excel file.
From Dynamo to Excel. I want to do it with Dynamo for my degree thesis (Polytechnic of Turin). Can you help me? Are there any tutorials!
Project Parameter|357x417 ?

Hello,

My workaround for that just export the .txt from revit with these Projectparameters.
Delete the values.
When you export: navigate to your file, take f.e. the INDEX[3] for the startpoint.

KR

Andreas

To break down your workflow on this:

1. Collect all project parameters from your project to generate a list.
  2. Manipulate the list for step 3 (list structure).
  3. Export the list to excel such that the parameters are placed in the top row/column of your excel file.

For step one: check out the Dynamo primer

Actually, for step two you’ll also want to check the primer.

Step 3 is just the default excel export node in basic Dynamo, if you need a rundown on what all the inputs for that node mean this link should help

There’s a pretty healthy amount of youtube videos as well that show excel exporting methods for Dynamo if you want a more direct answer (but I would still review the primer, it has the fundamentals)…

i don’t know how to create the first step. How do I collect the parameters of my project ?

From the primer:

You can intuitively run out a few of these dropdowns for not being applicable, like Levels and Structural Framing Types
Without getting too deep into the nomenclature of Revit, the most likely menus to be applicable to this would be Categories or Element Types (this trial and error approach happens to be how I got started). Try looking through the two menus to see if you can find anything that would be related to Parameters.

Once you find something that looks suitable, use the corresponding “All ___ of ____” node, this collects the list. Then, use element.name to identify what it is you just collected:

Compare these lists to the project parameters to see if they match.

@smassaro99 I think my answer on your other topic would get you up and running. You would have to install some packages but it will get you want you need.

Good luck with your thesis.

1 Like