Dynamo create text in civil 3d with annotative size

i used Text.create node to create text in civil 3d. I wanted the text size to be 2.000 paper size annotative

I tried using style command in civil 3d but it still brought the text in as non annotative and not the right size according to scale.
this is the style cmd settings I have set already but it doen’t come in annotative

The Arkance Systems Node Library contains nodes to create annontative texts.

ok thanks. I am relatively new to dynamo so I didn’t know what libraries are available to use. you mind giving some quick recommendations on useful libraries for civil 3d?.

not sure if I am getting it to produce the right paper size. so far it only produces model size

Hi and Welcome
As Anton mentioned, Arkance. Then there is Camber and Civil3D Toolkit.
Please check the Dynamo Primer to learn more about Dynamo and , it’s updated with chapters for C3D.

1 Like

And I can recommend this book:

:slight_smile:

1 Like

Agree… It’s a great book, it has a special place in my backpack
Wonder how wrote it :wink:

1 Like

couple of problems I am running into.
ArkanceSystem text.create is not giving me the option to set the PaperSize. The only option it gives me is to set the modelSize.
I also figured this one out although the solution looks pretty ugly. I extracted the scale name and string.split and use code block to choose a[2] then convert that to number using string.tonumber and feed it into codeblock to multiply out scale to get the modelSize equivalent.

Also the rotation parameter is kinda weird. it tells me to input between 0 to 360degree. I tried giving it in decimal degree and degree minutes seconds of DD.MMSS. and both time the rotation is off. Its not in interval of 90degrees either
Never mind figured this out. Its rotating in the wrong direction

textrotation

What is wrong with the rotation direction?

If you don’t add a height, the text will be set to the active Annotation Scale. You can also add multiple Annotation Scales to the text object after placement.

problem is solved. I was expecting clockwise rotation assuming its the same as the dynamo text.create , but it turned out to be counterclockwise.

“set to the active Annotation Scale” I am not sure what this means, not setting height mean it will not be in the right size?
“You can also add multiple Annotation Scales to the text object after placement.” I also don’t understand what is trying to be accomplished here?

goal is to produce a text object in arial, annotative, paper size 2.000
I did a quick solution to achieve those already, but its as clean as you would expect for a first iteration try.