Duplication of Randomised elements

Hi all,

I am currently doing a tower where we need to play with the facade panel locations based on our Opening Percentage input.
Everything was fine until I finally placed my 4-point adaptive panel to show how these panels will look like in Revit. I noticed there were duplicates. Instead of getting 720 panels at unique areas on my facade, it created 720 panels - some of them created in the same area.

Is there another “randomise” node that will not cause duplicates? Thanks so much!

Would a List.Shuffle and then getting the first x amount of elements work?

1 Like

Hi erfajo,

Thank you for your input.

So you are suggesting that I place all the adaptive components first, then after that collect them to recreate a set of random panels?
Hmm, sounds like it can work, but I will see if there’s something that will not involve placing the components first. I’d like to make it the last step if possible so that we could play with different options in Refinery first before finally placing it in Revit, and also, the time it takes for Dynamo to complete takes almost forever when Revit elements are involved…

But if there are no other options left, I guess I’ll have to do that method. :smiley:

Haha, brilliant! This is another way to do it. :smiley: Thanks! I will try it!

Update:
I just realised that using List.Shuffle node will remove the “seed” option, and to recreate another random option, I have to disconnect & reconnect the wire. I don’t think this will work with Refinery. I need a slider for Refinery to generate multiple options from. :slight_smile:
I think this still can be done but just need to add a couple more nodes… Will try first.

Thanks btw!

Jahzeel

1 Like

Hi again,

I used @kennyb6’s idea but replaced the List.Shuffle node with Manage.RandomizeOrder node by Lunchbox.

Thank you all for helping!

2 Likes