Duplicate views without ViewTemplate if none selected

I added a null value, which is shown as <None.> in the dropdown. i could probably add an IF statement.

IF object.isnull = true --> remove viewtemplate. IF object.isnull = false --> Apply viewtemplate.
Ill try in a bit and get back to you later today. Thanks for the help so far, really helped alot :slight_smile:

EDIT: The workaround with IF works! thanks to all who helped :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Hi,
Iโ€™m struggling with a similar issue, in that I am creating new sheets and views based on a selected source sheet as a template (duplicated by selected levels).
The View Templates of the views on the source sheet are used to set the View Templates of the new views. The only issue Iโ€™m having is where a view on the source sheet has no View Template, and cannot pass the SetParameterByName, and the downstream parts of the script go to pot.

I notice that there is potentially a Python solution to this - would someone be able to guide me through this (bearing in mind that I have no Python knowledge). Any alternative solutions also very welcome.

Thanks

1 Like

Could you not just use an Await (Crumple) node for the main view list after setting the View Template with possibly with the Transaction.End and Transaction.Start nodes? Basically take the SeParam node out of the main stream to a kid the nulls?

Yes thatโ€™s done it. Thanks very much.