Please help me achieve this and learn dynamo.
I am looking into creating a process to computationally set door offset from adjacent walls. I need your help understanding some of the logic. I don’t know how some of the dynamo nodes actually work.
Attached below is my first attempt.
Here is the logic I am following:
- Find all the walls (Level filtered later)
- Find all the doors and the walls that host them.
- Determine the walls that are connected to the wall that is hosting the door.
- Determine the distance from those connected walls to the door.
- Pick the shortest distance. Do the math calculating the wall widths, and distance to the center of the door.
- Move the door toward the wall with the desired offset value.
I am stuck with the node, Geometry.DistanceTo. This is producing exact same values from two doors that are hosted in a single wall. I was hoping the distance would be calculated from the location point of each door which should yield different values.
Please advise! Thank you!