Please help me achieve this and learn dynamo.
I am looking into creating a process to computationally set door offset from adjacent walls. I need your help understanding some of the logic. I don’t know how some of the dynamo nodes actually work.
Attached below is my first attempt.
Here is the logic I am following:
- Find all the walls (Level filtered later)
- Find all the doors and the walls that host them.
- Determine the walls that are connected to the wall that is hosting the door.
- Determine the distance from those connected walls to the door.
- Pick the shortest distance. Do the math calculating the wall widths, and distance to the center of the door.
- Move the door toward the wall with the desired offset value.
I am stuck with the node, Geometry.DistanceTo. This is producing exact same values from two doors that are hosted in a single wall. I was hoping the distance would be calculated from the location point of each door which should yield different values.
Please advise! Thank you!
Door Offset from Walls.dyn (15.0 KB)
DoorOffsetFromAdjacentWalls.rvt (2.6 MB)