Documenting the changes in the parameter

dynamo
data-shapes

I am using the Data Shapes nodes to track changes in two versions of my models. It does point out the elements that have been changed/deleted. What I am after is, a way to see what parameters of those elements have changed? and also document the changes may be by exporting into excel.

Seeking inputs from all you experts. Thanks in advance.

0 Likes

Please post some work, screen captures, etc. See the FAQ post: How to get help on the Dynamo forums

0 Likes

Thanks for the reply Tom, As you can see there are 4 doors which have some changes made in their parameters. Now, how can I find what parameters have been changed?

0 Likes

Element.Parameters into a list.sort for the elements in the new and old file. @Konrad_K_Sobon has some excellent nodes for selecting elements in linked models in his archilab package.

After you get the data out of the models, you will want to use a List.Transpose node and then write each to a separate sheet (or otherwise organize them for one sheet) in your desired excel file.

1 Like

Thanks for your reply Jacob. I did that earlier, it is helpful but I am trying to retrieve the parameters of only those elements that have changed. Is there a way where the data from the old and new model can be compared and the changed information could be highlighted? I will post a picture of my attempts soon. thanks again.

0 Likes

You have your list of elements in the watchnode for your script. You can now pull their parameters and compare values either in excel or dynamo directly.

0 Likes

As Jacob said, you have your element list, now access the other model and pass that element list thru Element.ByID (Clockwork Package). Potentially then you could create a list of each element’s parameters while organizing them in similar order, use Object to String and compare those lists of strings to find where they diverge.

0 Likes

thanks for the suggestions guys. I am able to do it on excel, trying to automate it further. I will ask again if I am stuck. thanks

0 Likes