Dividing a Polycurve

Good day.
I’ve been exploring the Roof nodes of the package WombatDynamo, in particular FootPrintRoof.ByEdgesAndSlopes. Now this node has four input parameters, one of which is edges: a set of lines forming a closed curve. I’ve been applying it to this project of mine which offsets a polycurve from another polycurve on the boundary lines of a building, but it looks like the node does not accept polycurves as input.

With that in mind, is there a way to break a polycurve into pieces of the curves themselves? I mean, for a polycurve composed of lines going around in a closed circle, can I break the polycurve down into the individual lines using a node? Thank you for your help.

Lunchbox package

Thank you! I’ll look into it.

So what happened is that the curves WERE produced by the node that m.rijsmus recommended, but the node apparently requires LINE elements, not CURVES. For us the distinction is almost nil, but they seem to be very strict for this node. So is there a way to change Curves into Lines?

Hi :slight_smile:

Quite hard to tell without an example, but have you tried using PolyCurve.Curves ?

You can also use Geometry.Explode node, and if you need lines instead of curves you can do it like this:

6 Likes

Thank you! The solution was perfect!

Please mark the solution for others to refer to in the future. :slight_smile:

1 Like