Divide the surface from the room space

I am trying to divide the surface for getting location for fixture placement i am facing issuse. Kindly suggest me to fix it.

@vivekanandanXVLYD ,

you look for a location point?

KR

Andreas

I guess its becoarse you divide 3000…does it work if you try divide lets say 20 ?

The surface has to come from an element. And I think you need to be in a massing context.

1 Like

i am looking for divide the surface by 10 or 20 pieces as per the requirement fixture requirements.

Even now i am facing the same issue. any other options please.

Yeah Jacob is right…that node seems build for a mass family…in your case you could try with isolines and split tool…our try ampersands closed loop from curves and a surface patch

probably something her could work

Thanks Jacob this one is worked to get the dividedsurface. but i cant get the surfaces divided.

May i know What is the packages of the node of (Polycurve.ClosedLoopsFromCurves)

Yes sure its from Ampersand and the splittool as well…gues it will run faster with the splittool in that case here

you could try panelize as well…here with openmep package

Dear Sovitek,
Thanks for your guide i have found the way to solve this problem.
Kindly let me know if you have any MEP design Packages Used to design the MEPF Systems in revit.

1 Like

I would look into Mepover and OpenMep and Genius Loci, there are actuelly great nodes for mep in there as well ;)…these package is the most popular for MEP, and with them you can actuelly automate almost all :wink:

1 Like

Thanks Sovitek

1 Like

and use the forum here, many great tips and tricks :wink: :wink:

1 Like

This is the solution Kindly refer th

e images please.

yes but keep in mind as Jacob mention as well that node is for massfamily…i know it can give you the curves, but you will first get a warning i guess…dont think that the right node for that task if you not are in mass envonment

Surface.PointAtParameter might be a more efficient way to get the end results, assuming you’re not in the massing environment.

2 Likes