How to split a surface into multiple smaller surfaces using the main surface's isolines

Hi there
I need to use the Isolines of a bigger surface that I created in a specific order of parameters to divide the surface into multiple smaller surfaces. I tried to utilize List.Rider in the isolines of the larger side, and split the isolines of the smaller side at the intersection of the Isolines from the larger side, then putting the items with the same index from the above lists into sublists of a list and use that as input to Geometry.Split to get smaller surfaces without overlaps, like the following image without luck!

I do appreciate it if you could guide me on what to do.

Best Regards,
Farshid

1 Like

I would extrude the lines into a a surface, union them into a PolySurface, and then use a Geometry.Split to divide the base surface.

1 Like

Hi @jacob.small
Thank you so much for the nice tip. Do you know another trick that works with openings on the floor?

Sincerely,
Farshid

Hi @farshidkaviani you could try opening,infloors by curve or shaft opening by curve from springs

1 Like

Hi @sovitek
Thank you so much for the nice tip.

Sincerely,
Farshid

hi @farshidkaviani you mean this one ? much shorter, u even use it in multiple base face
it’s in Synthesize package

1 Like

and something here if you wanna keep it as surface

3 Likes

Hi @tdontforgetmet
Thank you so much for the great tip!

Hi @sovitek
Thank you so much for the great tip!