Distance between two elements

Hi!
I am looking for a way to check the Distance between two elements, for example, the door to the window? :slight_smile:

Try this.
3 444

thank you so much Ahmed… do you think i can place a dimension line between the elements ? :slight_smile:

شكرا أحمد :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

@abdu2736 You may use the following to dimension to the door/window rather than a reference plane. Note that it does not account for non-orthagonal placements, and the families must have named centre reference planes. RUN IN MANUAL MODE.

Hi Ahmed,
I am not sure why to keep making one dimension, not seeing the different dimension:

EL1.0.dyn (89.3 KB)

1 Like

Try to chop list of references then put the lacing to longest in the create of dimension node if auto does not work.

Hi Ahmed,
i still getting error :confused:

try to work on floor plan not 3d view to manage it to place the dimensions.

all good now! except that list [0] it works in weird way…

i guess "ReferencePlane.ByLine " acts weird !!

It’s because the line you created only draws it along the y axis, hence why all your dimensions are oriented along 1 direction. You will need to adjust the way the line is drawn to account for different orientations.

1 Like

hi Blake, thank you for answering!
i will try ti use your way here

Let me know how it goes for you. I didn’t realize what your full intent was in the first post so it may be tweaked to better serve your needs. Happy to help troubleshoot.

I can send you you the files dyn, and rvt :slight_smile: