Disconnected Strings can't be Deleted

Hi all, I randomly get blank nodes that appear in the middle of existing strings that I have connecting nodes. When I go to delete these extra blank nodes and reconnect the two original nodes, I sometimes find that the strings going to the blank nodes do not get deleted with the blank node (see below). For the life of me I’m not sure how to get rid of these strings or why these extra nodes show up to begin with. I don’t know if it is a bug in one of the packages I have installed. Thanks in advance for any insights!


This happened to me for the first time a few weeks ago so I asked around. Apparently it’s fairly common. I just turned it off and on again (yes, really) and it went away. Didn’t affect the running of the script at all.

I was told it was maybe down to having an old version of Revit or having Pyrevit installed.

The thing you are describing is a new feature of Archilab - the “relay node” @Konrad_K_Sobon - maybe it could have a tooltip or badge letting users know where it’s coming from?

1 Like

Dynamo usually crashes for me eventually when this happens but it still give me a chance to save typically. So far that seems to be the only way to deal with it that I’ve seen. Not sure what you meant by turned it off and on again?

Thanks, good to know that’s where it’s coming from. Is there a way to disable relay nodes or is there some place where I can find out more about them like what causes them to be created or just how to use them more generally? They don’t seem to come up in google searches.

Dynamo. Closed dynamo. Opened it again.

Honestly don’t know. I found it was only an issue with a formula and not much else. It didn’t bother me that much so I didn’t pursue it further.
I was told it’s well logged.

Please post an issue here: https://github.com/ksobon/archilab/issues

Please remember to provide some basic information about the versions of Revit, Dynamo, archi-lab.net etc. I will have to re-create the issue in order to be able to fix it. Try to give me some context to. Things like, I placed a Watch and connected it to another Watch node. Clicked in the middle between them and Relay node appeared etc.


Thanks @Konrad_K_Sobon I have posted it there. I’m a big fan of the archilab and archilab_Bumblebee packages and I feel better now that I know where these relay nodes come from and how they’re created (I didn’t realize that was one of the features of the package that it would create relay nodes if you click near a midpoint along a string). I will try not to click there anymore to avoid creating the relay nodes and risking the crashes.

In the latest version of archi-lab.net, these can only be placed via CTRL+Click. That should solve the issue of accidental placement.