Dimensions to vertical edge references

Hi,

First of all, a thank you is in order: merci Alban pour Genius Loci, ca m’a bien rendu service!

Now, to the issue at hand:
I’ve been trying for weeks to script a proper dimension tool that dims wall to wall junctions, with no success. My main issue is as follows: as soon as two walls are not perpendicular to each other, I cannot dim by faces.

The following topic was getting really close to my issue:

Unfortunately the solution found by Daniel doesn’t work, as Alban’s (Genuis Loci) “Dimension ByReferences” node gives me back a nul instead of dims. Is the node working for others? If so, can somebody send me the simplest script that works for a simple wall?
I’m afraid this might be a bug, but I can’t find a workaround.
Here’s a simple script showing the nul result on the dimension node:

Hi @Corentin.Agreg, you have awoken me from my Dynamo Forum hibernation!

I am guessing that your active view is an elevation or a section; hopefully one that is also parallel with the location line of the wall.

I tried to replicate the issue.

No problems here. I did notice how all of my lines are visible though and yours are not.

Sometimes things tend to break when geometry gets more complex. For me this happens about 1-5% of the time with pretty complicated geometry. Usually things work fine. You should try it on a basic wall and see if you get the same outcome. If so, it is probably a bug and you’ll want to reinstall some packages.

Thanks @daniel1 ,

I tried this in plan and in section, although I did not check if it was parallel to the location line. Does that matter?
Also I thought this dimension node would work in plan view as well?

I’ll reinstall Genius Loci and report back if I find a solution, since it works for you it must be a bug or a quirk.

It does work in a plan view. Wall location lines are always parallel from that view as well. Starting to look more like a bug. But once again, make sure you can see all of the lines from the wall in dynamo. Or at least try it on a basic wall with no cutouts to eliminate the possibility of this being an issue with the geometry and not Dynamo itself.