Dimension by References (GeniusLoci Package) won't create dimensions

Hi everyone

I’ve created the following dynamo graph ( WeTransfer - Send Large Files & Share Photos Online - Up to 2GB Free ) with help from @GavinCrump youtube tutorial. The core of the script is the same as gavin did but i’m trying to apply dimensions for multiple elements and multiple grids at the same time.

I’ve exhausted all possible solutions to fix it and probably it’s a naive mistake somewhere that I can’t find. Running on Dynamo 2.10.1, package geniusloci 2.10.10 (@Alban_de_Chasteigner)

Thanks in advance for the help.

(Can’t upload anything in this post because i’m a new user, that’s why the wetransfer link).

Just recalled I had a similar query a while back and whipped up a graph - might help?

https://forum.dynamobim.com/t/dimension-by-element-in-view-to-closest-grid/63987

Thanks @GavinCrump! It was a good shot but still getting null values :grimacing:

I will try to figer out why with your example script, since that was perfectly functioning.

Cheers

1 Like

Hi @francisco.conde,

Perhaps change the order of your lines (List.Join node).
Your graph is working for me for a single orientation (horizontal) of the family instances.

2 Likes

Still getting the same problem after I change the order of the lines. Do you bother trying in my sample model to check if you can still run it?

Thanks in advance for the big help!!

Hi,

The columns which encroach on the grids generate nulls. You need to modify the script to handle these special cases.
For the columns not positioned on the grids it works.

I’m going to murder myself, I had dynamo running on CPython3…

Sorry and thanks for the replies and time spent @GavinCrump @Alban_de_Chasteigner

1 Like

May I ask where this Pick Elements to Dimension node comes from?

That is a renamed select model elements node I would say.