Deleting Unused Revit Filters

I am looking to replicate a routine by parametric monkey that deletes unused filters. As you all know purging revit filters is anoying since there’s no clue on if the filter is being used or not (different from view templates for example).

Below the desired routine

Highlighted in yellow a node from BVN I cannot find. I’ve tryed downloading BVN, I’ve also tryed following [Filter.getUnused & delete Elements Node MIssed](http://this post) but I cannot seem to find the node. Any clues?

Is there any newer way to select the unused Filters?

Thanks!

2 Likes

The package Modelical appears to have a node that does just what you are seeking to do :slight_smile: image

7 Likes

Hi @awilliams. Thanks for the tip. It worked perfectly
Deleting unused view templates is a cool node too from the same package.

2 Likes

If a comment solved your problem please mark it as solution.

1 Like

done, thanks for the guidance

@therevitfairy I’m glad you find our nodes useful! :slightly_smiling_face:

2 Likes

HI There,
I have just come across this node and it looks great. Only issue is it doesn’t work for me. It keeps saying “null”

Currently using Revit 2016 with Dynamo 1.3.2 and Modelical 1.3.8
Any ideas why it wont pick up the filters.

The delete unused view templates works great though.

1 Like

@Andrew_Harp I can’t say for certain without some more information - possibly you do not have unused filters? The course of action I would take to troubleshoot this would be to hit edit custom node and copy the internal contents of the node (it is likely a python script) and paste it into your graph in place of the node. This way when you run the graph it will be easier to what the error is!

1 Like

Hi, I’m trying to use the Delete Unused Filters which looks like a great tool! However, I get the msg “Run started…” but nothing happens. I do have a lot of unused filters. Is this a problem?
Thanks!

Hey there,
Apologies for the large break.
I was playing with this toady and realised that you need to have at least one filter applied to a view for it to work.
I was previously testing in a black template with no filters applied to a view, which was causing the null.

2 Likes

in any case, PACK 02 - Model Maintenance- SCRIPT 2 / 4 - Delete Unused Filters - BIM One Inc
no dependencies, no headache ;p

try this too.

1 Like

for anyone stumbling upon this, have a look at pyRevit. they have lots of handy features for wiping certain things in Revit