Delete duplicates elements (adaptative components)

I created this triangular structure, based on multiples rectangular mullions.

Mullions are generic adaptative models, created by a rectangular profile.
When I run the code “adaptative components by points” dynamo creates double mullions in the non perimetral zones.
I saw this post solved through the Revit warnings
Delete duplicated objects

In my case, I can’t do this because duplicate instances are the rectangular sections, not the solids.

I found this script, but I can’t run entirely it because I don’t have “List.SortListOfListsL3” code.
03_Delete Duplicates.dyn (19.8 KB)

I made a second attempt with “Remove Duplicated Solids”, but doesn’t work.

Someone knows other ways to solve this problem?

I have RVT 2022 with the latest dynamo version

It depends on how you’re locating those mullions to begin with. If they’re created from points you can just prune your final list of points with Point.PruneDuplicates. This is by far the most straight forward solution.

I don’t have duplicated points.
Duplicated elements are generated because in the middle 6 mullions shares six points in each zone

You have duplicate points in that the triangles end up sharing vertices from the original (unique) list of points. I’m assuming you’re creating the mullions via a list of points. If that list of points is the adaptive points list then you have duplicates. If the adaptive families aren’t otherwise “connected” to the mullions then you should be able to just flatten the list and use PruneDuplicates.

I’m using couple of points (start & end) to create each mullion, if I prune them I can’t create nothing

My guess is that there is a better way to get just the unique edges by building a mesh and using a Topology.Edges node? Can you share the graph which produces the grid?

Sure!

I organized the points from left to right in rows, then I connected the points into triplets (to create the panels).
To create mullions I connected the points with lines, and finally I recovered the start and end point to create each mullion. I know that’s a very mechanical process, I’m trying to semplify it.

I tried to create a mesh by points to recover the edges as you told me, but the mesh obviously kept the triangular subdivisions.

Try making a surface of each triangle, then build a poly surface from the surfaces.

To get rid of the duplicate try going into a Topology.Edges node followed by an Edge.CurveGeometry may work on that, and if not converting to a mesh should work.

If not post the dyn and requisite data set (ie: Revit file with surfaces and adaptive families) as that will make it easier to help you.

Ok, I tried with this last suggest and it works! Thanks a lot Jacob

1 Like