DanEdu - no output / 'failed'

Hi all, @erfajo,

Now my holiday is over, I’m picking things up where I left them. I see that your package has been updated. So I updated my dynamo script too.

I noticed that the Rhtyhm application.CloseDocument errors. ‘Warning. Operation Application.CloseDocument failed’.
Putting a watch on DanEDU.FamilyDocument.AddSharedParameter log output results in ‘null’. (So I assume that’s why the Rhithm node isn’t working)
The input is good: Autodesk.revit.DB.Document list.

Revit 2017.2
Dynamo 1.3.1
DanEDU 2017.802.1
Rhythm 2017.8.15

Any thoughts?

Hi @erfajo,
I have the same problem. I can’t even get the .rfa file from DanEDU.Directory.ContentsAll node

I’m using rac_advanced_sample_project file. I’m trying to add shared parameter to door family.
Revit 2017.2
Dynamo 1.3.1
DanEDU Dynamo 2017.901.0

Thanks in advance.

Thanks for your reply !
AddSharedParameter.dyn (7.8 KB)
It’s my dyn file.
The family I want to add shared parameter is in the default folder.
C:\ProgramData\Autodesk\RVT 2017\Libraries\US Metric\Doors

Thank you so much,
it works. Because the files in default folder are protected by the Revit installation, just need to turn off the Read-only option.

Working with background opened files in Dynamo is definitely a bit unstable and unpredictable as Dynamo is trying to swap documents constantly… Unfortunately I do not have a straight forward answer for this.

Although it does seem the read only factor plays into this error quite a bit!

@erfajo Is there an easy fix to modify the Python to run this node on a single, open RFA instead of a group of RFAs within a folder structure?

We’re looking for something like this, that we could use to batch apply multiple shared parameters since it takes so many mouse clicks the old fashioned way.

Hi @nickroz,

I have done an attempt to help in the below topic.

https://forum.dynamobim.com/t/nested-families-and-adding-parameters/15777/7

I couldn’t get the OOTB node “Document.Current” to work as you suggested above.
The custom node of the “Archi-lab_Grimshaw” package “Current Document” gave better results (not always stable).
I hope it can be of help.

Kind regards,
Mark

Thanks for the tip off.

I was getting the same error message, in my case there was a typo in one of the shared parameter in Revit.