Curtainwall Panel Sequential Numbering using Excel module in Dynamo

I’m hoping someone can tell if it is possible to use dynamo to:

a. obtain sequential position of curtain panel within wall (unavailable information ootb)

b. use that information to drive mark values.

c. if sequential position data was obtainable, could it be exported to excel through dynamo?

Trying to see if anyone else has tackled this before I start down a rabbit trail.

Thanks,

AG

This is something I do quite regularly. Note that this workflow will only work for “classic” curtain wall panels (i.e. hosted in regular curtain wall, curtain system or glazed roof). As you can see, panels will be numbered from bottom left to top right in horizontal rows. All custom nodes are from package Clockwork. If you want to use different numbering systems for doors and windows (which we do), you would need to filter objects by category first (you can use Clockwork’s Element.IsOfCategory for that, btw). Whether you export to Excel or CSV (like in this example) doesn’t really make a huge difference with regard to setting up your graph.

ConsecutivePanelNumbering NumberedPanels

First, thanks for all the generous help thus far in the Forum…

I am working on something similar to this post title. I am using a Graph found at this forum for using a Model Line to order objects, found here: Renumbering Piles with spline model line
So far it is working well. Still, I have a couple of questions.

1. I can get Curtain Panels to be numbered as long as the Model Line is intersecting. I need the Curtain Panels above and below to share the same number (Mark). In other words, the vertical Curtain Grid establishes a new number for all of the vertical Curtain Panels.
    2017-09-18 4-55-04 PM

2. Since I’m using someone else’s Graph. Could anyone explain how these nodes are working? You will need to open the Graph to see it all but I have highlighted the specific area I need to know more about. I think once I know more about this I will know more about question 1.

model line ordering of curtain walls.dyn (43.7 KB)
    model line ordering of curtain walls.rvt (1.0 MB)

I’m out of the office, so I can’t weigh I feel as if grouping the panels first by their host, and then by their location’s the X or Y value (or some combination of the x and y value) would produce this result fairly easily.

1 Like

I have found the answer to my second question. The FilterByBooleanMask node is used in a totally different way here.

William Wong from CASE posted a video on this exact method here: https://vimeo.com/122013276

Thanks, I will look into that further. I am also thinking that using a line instead of a point might help. Answering the question; is the line intersecting the panel.

Hi Andreas,

Would you be able to post a larger image of this please? Or the dyn perhaps? I need to do just this but in the opposite direction. Thanks,

Correction, I found the old post link and have the image thanks.

This thread is two years old, could you start a new one?

Thanks, here’s the link to the new thread.

1 Like