Cross-section of slanted columns are rotated

I have read several posts related to my problems but still have not found the solution so forgive me to start a new topic.
I created some structrual columns using [StructuralFraming.ColumnByCurve] and what I recieved is all the cross-section rotated against each others. My questions is

1. What is the definition of slanted columns’ cross-section rotation ?
  2. What degree should I use to put to the rotation parameter and where I can get them?
    Many thanks in advanced!

The cross section rotation is the degree of rotation based on using an imaginary line from the startpoint and endpoint of the column as the axis of rotation. For your other question, I will have to defer.

1 Like

@staylor Thank you for sharing you knowledge. :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

Anyone out there can help me solve this proplem.
My head is going to explode because of this :joy:

If you could, provide a stripped down version of your revit model with the lines in place that you are selecting and also provide your dynamo graph. That would help others troubleshoot and may yield a quicker resolution to your issue.

Sample model.rvt (7.0 MB)
@staylor
Here is my dynamo graph and just example model.

my problem is simple that I want to change cross-section of two-way slanted columns to align with cross-section of vertical or one-way slanted ones.

Thank you @staylor for your suggestion.

Revit model was attached, but not your graph.

My project is much more complicated so I think it’s better to create new model and tell every one my problem instead of share my graph.
But if it is necessary, here it is.
Modeling from excel import_forum post.dyn (165.4 KB)

Hi @Thang,

I’m not really familiar with columns, but I think the script below creates the desired sectionviews. You have to add naming and Viewfilters yourself.

Create SectionViews for Slanted Columns_v04.dyn (75.9 KB)

1 Like

@MJB-online
Thank you for you reply and effort.
But there is a missunderstanding here.
What I am trying to achieve is not creating section views aligned to edge of column but rotate columns section to align to global Y axis looking down.

RotateSlanted columns cross-section to align to Yaxis.dyn (24.6 KB)

Here is my solution for anyone who have the same problem.