Cross product inside list of lists

Hey guys ,

Do you know if it possible to get the crossproduct of only sub-lists in lists. I have tried different @L combinations but did not have any luck.

I know you can do what I did and then use x[0] or GetItemAtIndex node, but the reason I do not want that is because it takes a much longer time for hat I am trying to do.

I’m not really sure what you are trying to accomplish but I think this is the solutions.

Thanx for the respond. What I want to accomplish is only getting the result in the red squares in the above image. Your way does not help me unfortunately because you are using 2 groups.

I want to use 1 List with sublists. eg list above and use this single list to crossproduct the sublists with themselves , not with other sublist.

I would like to get the results of A and B in 1 with nothing more. Do you know if its possible ?

You can it do with code blocks even with one less node

haha thanx man.

Only you got the exact opposite result of what I needed haha. you combined the two groups but I need the groups to not combine.

And does this method work for 10 + groups. I have a X-amount of sublists. I never know how much exactly and need this to happen with whatever number X is.

Maybe something with your method and a “Count” node ? :thinking:

You did make me understand your method a bit more. Thanx!

Ah yes I see what you are trying to accomplish. I haven’t a solution because you going to need more nodes if you want to do this for a x-amount of sublists.

You will indeed need to use the count node I think.

Sadly I have no time at the moment to look further in this problem.

Would this script solve it?

2 Likes

Does not for me. Would you mind showing what the nodes are doing like I did ?
If it does work , I’m gonna test it for more groups.

The reason I wanted sublist to cross themselves is because im working with a lot of lists > 20 @ 3 levels :
List > List > List. I need the bottom list to crossproduct itself. I thought maybe I used the lacing of the node wrong and someone had a quick solution.

Change lacing of node “+” to cross product!

1 Like

Your script works! Now testing it for more groups.