Creation of walls from hatch from a dwg import

Hello everyone,

I would like to create a procedure to create walls and columns from hatches in dwg (the red and orange hatches shown in the screenshot, the black and white outline are the new walls created). I have created a script for it but the polycurves that are recognized using the Curves from Hatch and then to Wall.byCurveandLocation nodes, produce a wierd geometry of walls as a result.
I would like to solve this problem and probably differentiate between column and wall creation.
Uploading a screenshot for it.
Any help would be really welcome.

Best regards

Hello, when you represent a wall on revit it is generally based on a support line,
here you recover the outline of a surface so your walls collide normally
you need to recover the average line of your surface sheet at least for the walls

Cordially
christian.stan

thanks for the answer, so achieving to get the outline of the hatches (red hatch on the picture) will solve the problem?
I thought the curves I am getting from the ‘CurvesfromHatch’ node were actually achieving collecting the outline of the hatches

I tried to be more precise in my words (see capture)

Cordially
christian.stan

Really two separate issues here. Columns and Walls. Maybe a third - in place families.
As noted and demonstrated, walls need a line or arc. Juts one - at the center, outside face or inside face. (Or some offset.) So, the hatch isn’t the best tool to use for placing a wall family.

Columns are placed by a point. So, you have to find the center of the column hatch. The bounding box and a little XYZ manipulation might give you what you want. Or some XYZ math.

Now if you want to create in-place wall and columns - which I don’t recommend - you could use the outline of the wall to create a solid for the in-place family.

1 Like