Creating Types via Dynamo

Hello Dynamo Community

I have a Dynamo definition which is importing some curves from Rhino to create structural columns in Revit. The columns are created perfectly, except now I need to assign different types to them.

The types names will be coming initially from an Excel spreadsheet or Object Name property in the Rhino file.

What I need to do is parse a string into a Revit type, so that I can match up values in a spreadsheet or rhino file to assign column types to the elements created by my script.

How would I go about solving this? Would it involve Python? My Python skills are limited at the moment.

Thanks!

How many different beam/columns types do you have?

Well right now its only about 5 types, but that could grow in the future to 20 or so. This is also a 95 story building so there will be lots of columns to set.

Had a similar problem once and made a node for it - List.MatchWithKeyValues in package Clockwork.

Here’s how this would work:

namematching

Excellent I will give that a try. Thanks Andreas.

Dear All

This is my first post.

I’m just finishing my second Dynamo important file. In this, I want to change type of structural columns and structural framing according to my Structural anlaysis software (via IFC). It works well but I have two problems:

• I think there will be a short way to do it, but I don’t know how.

• When a type is not on Revit I must create it, by hand. It’s not difficult for steel sections (loading all possible) but it’s a pain for concrete and timber sections. How can I create new types (bxh) for existing structural framing and columns families??

Thanks to all

Jose