Creating Standard Sheet

Good Morning all,
I am trying to create a standard sheet generator. It will create a new sheet with our title block, General Notes, Sheet Notes, Key Notes, Key Plan, Graphic Scale, and a North Arrow. At this time I am not looking for anything fancy with excel and creating 200 sheets at a time. 80% of our sheets have all of these things in the same spot. It would be really nice to automate creating a standard sheet.

I figured this would be a very simple task but boy was I wrong.
so “Sheet.ByNameNumberTitleBlockAndView(s)” Does not allow one to place all types of views.

Take two Joseph Peel Method Does not allow me to place Legend Views ether.

Is this an SOL situation or am I missing something. I have been at this for hours now and I got nowhere.

I know there is tons of posts on this and I have been scouring across them. Any help would be much much appreciated.
Steven

1 Like

Hi @Steven_Hansen,

Try this post for creating legends…

cheers,
Dan

1 Like

Daniel,

Thank you so much. I have not tried this yet but seems like it is exactly what I needed. I will let you know.

steven

No problem @Steven_Hansen , if you have any problems with it let me know.

Cheers,
Dan

Daniel playing with the script and its really cool thank you very much for the post.

It does not seem to want to place Keynotes Legends on the sheet. Do you have any idea about that?

Also I was wondering what is special about your Get View By Name code? I tried plugging in a single view from a filtered list and that did not work.

Thank you very much for all of your help.

@Steven_Hansen,

Yeah, I think you are using the old one. If you scroll down the post I linked earlier there is some updated Python code which allows Schedule Instances to be placed, Key Notes falls under this category. As for not being able to place on a single sheet, you are quite right, I hadn’t handled single element lists. Updated functionality to place multiple view instances (Legends/Keynote Legends/schedules) at once.

See updated post (With .dyn file) in the link below…

This should work for you though, if you have any problems give me a shout.

Cheers,
Dan

1 Like

Just tried the new one and works great. Thank you very much. Huge help.

You’re welcome @Steven_Hansen :wink:

Daniel,

Since you wrote the code you wouldn’t by any chance know of a way to move the view title to the correct location. I am trying to figure that out now.

Hi @Steven_Hansen,

Create a new thread for this to keep in accordance with the furum rules so we don’t have too many subtopics within one thread. :blush:

Cheers,
Dan