Creating and matching lists

Hello everybody,

I want to match two lists One gives me information about a component, out of a geometry, the second list is out of a schedule from revit. Is there a way if I can combine those two lists and sort them together?

Example: get door ID, Name from geometry and ToRoom from the door schedule.
123456, DoorA, belongs to Room25.

I checked already how to match lists, only with code blocks, are there any other possibilities without using them?
thanks.

Hi @JuliaKaltenegger

Could you please drop some images what your looking for. Show us your complete graph where you got stuck.

Finally I found a solution for correct sorting my list.
My problem was to create a list with to from room, with including or listing all 0 rooms (so not defined rooms).
I used a python script, and replaced all non-defined with a Code Block “no room defined”

afterwards you can easily connect the result to the create list and include it in the correct order in your excel list.

1 Like

After creating a Excel List, I would like to make an export from Excel to CSV, in one workflow if possible.
I know there are possibilities to get external links and convert them to csv, but can i get directly, after creating a list, say something like file write to csv and export it to a csv file?

does anybody know somethnig about?

thanks, julia

what i found out … separate the scripts and get the excel file again in and creating a csv out of it.
maybe anyone can see where i am struggeling right now… he doesn´t do anything for file write to csv …

Hi Julia

I was wondering if you coul share your script.

Thanks

Hey Samuel, of course. what exactly do you need? from xls to csv? or more? this was part of several workflows.

there I made a query for doors, get category, ask with a python script for the width in order to figure out if doors are bigger than 900 or not. further I translated it to CSV.

Query Parameter with Python and List.dyn (19.6 KB)

3 Likes

Thanks a lot Julia

Ill take a look to the script seems really interesting and fun. Thanks for sharing and developing scripts