Creating a schedule of ProjectInfo from Dynamo

Good afternoon. My aim is to obtain a schedule that looks the same to the one posted as first screenshot, the main problem is that to obtain that schedule i had to refer the project information to a generic model i created, while what i’d need is a schedule that looks the same but NOT attached to any kind of model in Revit.
In the second screenshot there is what i have obtained for now in Dynamo, so i literally extracted the project info and their values. Ss there a way from there to create the schedule i need? thanks a lot

Schedule views are views of the model - since project information isn’t really a model object (like design options, phases), it cannot be scheduled via the UI and therefore (generally speaking) not by Dynamo. So you’ll have to move the data to something, but that something is the variable.

Instead of a model element, you could use a key schedule on a little used category for you and your project (call devices is popular for this). Like the data copied to a model element, this would be static so you’d have to ‘update the schedule’, but it’d give you the info you’re after.

If you need this specific look, just make a Title Block Family that looks like this and reads all the Project Information Parameters.

1 Like

thank you @jacob.small and @Bjorn_Keulemans1 for your replies. In the meantime i had an encounter with my thesis supervisor and we decided to act like this: basically we will not consider the fact that these infos are linked to “something” in the model, and we will use this data in Dynamo directly exporting them in Excel (basically because this process is used for the aim of integrating BIM data in GIS environment, which is the subject of my thesis), but now i have another question: i would like to obtain an Excel file structured as the following in the screenshot, which is the schedule of the Project Information exported from Revit when it was previously correlated to the generic model i created, basically the name of the Project Information on the first row and the value on the second.

But when i try to use Excel.Writetofile using the two lists merged into one it goes in error, do you maybe know the reason?

Maybe using list.create is not the correct answer

yep, do not use list.create. Look at the result of that Node, you have an @L4 list there. How do you think that gets represented in a 2d grid system in Excel?

Use List.Join there, and look at the result. You might need a List.Transpose node to get the data in the right orientation. Spend 2 minutes looking for excel import/export in this forum, the subject has been talked about quite a lot.

*extra, if you ask questions about an error, it might be easier to show the error message (yellow bubble)

1 Like

thank you very much @Bjorn_Keulemans1 for the great tip! With List.Join only i obtained what i was searching for. And sorry both for the lack of the error message and the fact that this kind of topics have been, next time i will give a deeper look the the already existing topics!