Creating a revision schedule with buffering for additional sheets

Hi All,

My aim is to make a script that will index sheet data so that I can list the revisions at certain stages of a project without overriding old data when new pages are created.

My first issue is that I might be thinking about solving the problem in the wrong way…

I made a dummy list of sheet numbers (EXAMPLE_0030 - EXAMPLE_0450) and substituted the appropriate dummy sheet numbers with the real sheet numbers in the model in order to fix them to an index.

I was hopeful that I could apply other sheet data at those respective indexes but I have failed to do so.

Could someone please point me in the right direction.

Revit and Dynamo files below

EXAMPLE REVIT FILE.rvt (1.6 MB)
SHEET REVISION MONITOR _ DRAFT.dyn (105.2 KB)

Hey,

I’m a little confused… Do you have sketch of what your output will look like? I don’t quite understand why you need to ‘fix them to an index’ Or why you need dummy sheets? :frowning:

Can you get sheets and their revisions and do some list padding so they pop out by date / stage? Would a dictionary be useful?

Thanks,

Mark

1 Like

I want to create a schedule that looks a little something like this:

When it comes time for our 1st drawing issue we would run the script and it would output the sheets 0030 - 0036 & 0049 - 0053 drawing number and their revision along side it.

When it comes time for out 2nd drawing issue we would run the script and it would output the sheets 0030 - 0039 & 0049 - 0054 drawing number and their revision along side it etc.

The problem isn’t getting the data into the appropriate columns but it’s allowing there to be dummy sheets (0040 - 0048) so that the revisions will always align to the correct sheet.

In my progress so far I’ve managed to do so with the drawing sheets but now that I’m trying to do the same with the revisions and other parameters I feel that my process might be wrong.

Hi,

So this is where I got to…

It won’t be exactly what you’re after, but hopefully there is enough there for you to do what you need.

Cheers,

Mark

Revisions Sheet List.dyn (81.2 KB)

1 Like