Create walls with different widths

Hi,
i try to create walls with different widths, but all walls get the same width: 17cm, like the last one in the left watchlist.

Someone can help please?

Wall_width_1.dyn (56.5 KB)

Hi @k.trampitsch ,

The names of your nodes are invisible, could you zoom in and take a new screenshot with the Camera button in the top right corner?

I have changed the image. Thank you.

Hi @k.trampitsch ,

Is there a specific reason you are using the Wall.ByCurveAndHeigth node together with the ElementType.Duplicate node?

Couldn’t you use a node which places Line based families? (since you created multiple family types). If that isn’t the case, could you please upload this Dynamo script with a sample Revit script such that I can take an in depth look?

Hi Daan,

I try to create a component catalogue, but this is my first script. Maybe there is a better way to do that.
Should looking like that:

Sorry, can not upload the script. Its not allowed for new users.

Hi @k.trampitsch and welcome, I guess you are applying all of the width values to only one wall type (explains why the 17 cm is applied, since it is the last value in your w/list), try to duplicate/ create new wall types prior assigning them appropriate width.

1 Like

I think it might be tricky to do this in Dynamo with only Out of the box (OOTB) nodes. Because to change the thickness of a wall type you need to change the layer thickness of the wall type.

@k.trampitsch - This is one way to go about it :slight_smile: This uses Wall Types as an example, and an “easy” approach to spacing walls to that it guarantees a reasonable gap - just not the same gap.

If you wanted to create a same gap set, you would need to get the widths and then create a sequence of width1, gap, width2, gap etc.

Revit Image:

Useful,Zoomed in Node Image:

KTrampitsch_CreateComponentCatalogue.dyn (70.8 KB)

Hi,

now i could upload the dynamo script.

Thanks all for helping, but nothing i try, change the widths of the walls like i need them.

@k.trampitsch try this one, as I have told you before, the duplication should happen before setting up the width of the walls, the node FamilyType.SetCompoundLayerWidth is failing because of list issues I guess, and in case it is not a list issue, the units conversion method did change in the Revit API for 2022, that is why I am using a conversion node from meters to feet to get the right width values:
Wall_width_2.dyn (56.0 KB)

3 Likes

Hi tradelie,

this is exactly the result that i need !!!

Thank you !!!

Now i try to understand, how you did that :wink:

1 Like