Create rebar from curve and shape

Hi everyone, @c.poupin @Organon

I’m trying to create rebar from curve and shape as indicated here CreateFromCurvesAndShape but I got null as result!!?

Can anyone explane me what I’m missing?

here my dynamo and Revit files

rebar_shape.dyn (24.6 KB)

rebar shape.rvt (3.5 MB)

Thanks.

@REDO10,

If you’re using the method CreateFromCurvesAndShape, your curves must match the shape curves. So, if your shape has a L shape, your curves should have the same shape, and set the startHook and endHook to none.

Regards,

2 Likes

@Organon

Can I by using API choose the desired shape from the shapes dropdown list and use it to create rebar without need to draw the matched curve?..if so which method should I use?

Thanks.

@REDO10,

You can use the method CreateFromRebarShape, but then you will have to adjust the shape dimensions, either by adjusting the rebar constraints or resize the rebar:

The Building Coder: Boundary Elements and Stirrup Constraints (typepad.com)
Solucionado: Rotation of stirrup rebar (rotated beam) API - Autodesk Community - Revit Products

Both are a bit complex, as many objects and concepts are involved. :grimacing:

2 Likes

@Organon

according to your quality as an expert, what’s the best method you suggest me to use especialy for creating rebars sets and which will give me all rebars parameters I need (quantity, total length…) so I can easly feed them in my schedule

Thanks.

@REDO10,

If you mean the Rebar methods, they all return a rebar set with their parameters, which can be displayed in the schedules.

If you mean creating a set of rebars or a rebar container, it depends on the shape of the host element. But if you create a container, you can overwrite its parameters as I explained in another post.

1 Like