Create multiple family instances with different types

So I had this script working with a a single family type (placing them in the active view at the origin) but when I try to generate the family type based off a list, it does not create the instances. I only get null values back. When I use this other node that doesn’t have a view input, it creates the family instances but does not place them.

Quick fix would be to try the FamilyInstance.ByPointAndLevel node. This tends to be one of the more reliable ways to place multiple family types.

If that doesn’t solve the issue, post your family and script so we can take a deeper look into the issue. There are a lot of variables at play here, and without the knowing the exact circumstances it’s difficult to troubleshoot what the issue is.

Also nice implementation of the Data-Shapes UI package!

Hey guys does anyone has an answer for this? I’m having the same problem. without the UI, I can create multiple instances -no problem, but wit data-shapes input, it can only create one. I did try the “FamilyInstance.ByPointAndLevel” but no luck. Hopefully someone who encountered this can answer.

Make a new topic, share your graph with the problem and we can address it there :slight_smile:

This thread is a cold old soul in the ground…