Create materials using Excel - Graph Error

Hi All,

I am using previous forum posts to guide my graph and I am running into some problems.

I want to control the Keywords & Material class using my Excel document which at the moment isn’t working using the set parameter node. I assume these need a different approach since it works for the other parameters like comment & description.

Assuming I can correct this, is there a way that the duplicated materials can have a unique material asset so that when I start building the materials, I don’t have the appearances change due to being the same assets. Hope I make sense

This is where I am currently at.
Excel2Materials.dyn (46.0 KB)

Screenshot of graph if it’s easier

Hi,
There are a lot of custom nodes for materials in the Genius Loci package. (AppearanceAsset Create, Material Set AppearanceAsset, Material Set Class nodes…)

Hi Alban,

Thank you!! One less item on the list. Material class is sorted. See updated graph with Genius Loci package.

Still stuck with “Keywords”

I don’t know the duplicate asset node at all…what inputs would it need to slot in the graph?

You can only set the keyword value of the appearance asset element or physical or thermal asset.
It’s not poasible with the material keyword parameter.

1 Like