Create Hatch Pattern from Selection

Well after several requests, I guess I’ve finally come to the conclusion that not everyone is part of the Empire (which is of course where we still use Imperial Units like Inches :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:).

So it seemed like it was time for another update.
Now Ultra Hatch is fully compatible with Millimeters!
Ultra Hatch.dyn (139.8 KB)

This change added an extra input to the player, which was already pretty bogged down. In order to simplify things, a new Settings box has replaced several input nodes; taking up less space on the screen. Just make sure to make changes in the brackets without deleting them.

Imperial March.txt (212.7 KB) (change .txt to .pat)
Cause everyone needs a Star Destroyer Hatch Pattern!

8 Likes

Awesome Work!

1 Like

life saver - thanks!

1 Like

I had some problems with your beautiful dynamo script.

It keeps showing a notification that the hatch was to big and could not be loaded.
After some checks, I found out that the problem was that we use a comma instead of a point for decimal numbers. Because of this I did not get a correct .pat file. After some changing in the “write to file” block it works now.

Thanks again for all your work!
Ultra Hatch_comma_as_point.dyn (152.9 KB)

2 Likes

Can you tell me please, why this script is better than pyrevit?

Great work @dcmasten1 !
Modified it a little bit from the comma_as_point fork by @T_V_werk to allow for curves as input.Ultra Hatch_comma_as_point_curves.dyn (197.3 KB)

@dmitry just the haven’t-gotten-round-to-installing-and-testing-it-on-our-virtual-servers bit.