Create bounding box with 1mm offset

Hi all I am trying to create bounding box around the elements with 1mm offset. The pictures are shown as below.

I am trying with below code but is somewhat different. I have extract the b and h values of column elements and I was trying to add 1mm to every corner nodes. But it the rotation of bounding box is the main Isuue. Please let me know how do I proceed ?

Thanks in advance.

You cant rotate boundingbox there are x y aligned but saw the other day @GavinCrump had a work around…Think it was with cuboid

Hi @sovitek I want to know how to rotate solids or bounding box ? Because as we have nodes for elements but I want to rotate my solids or boxes. Please let me know

Ah, this old chestnut again…

Yes I rotate the geometry of the family instance by its rotation angle, bound that, then rotate the cuboid of that bounding box back the other way. As far as I know element aligned bounding boxes aren’t (easily) a thing in Dynamo. I believe you can use Revit API to assess Revit bounding boxes at a rotation if you reference a rotated coordinate system based on previous answers on these threads.

As for the 1mm offset, you’ll need to get the min/max bounding box points and move them to form a new one by shifting them 1mm in the X/Y positive (max point) and negative directions (min point).

3 Likes

In your case why not just intersect with a plane and get the perimeter curves

2 Likes

Something like this

This is slightly processive intense so if you happen to have a few thousands i would simply recreate the outer boudaries with the parameters

2 Likes

Thanks alot @GavinCrump @sovitek I got the solution. As you motioned I extracted the max and min points and the gave diagonal offset of 1mm to both the points and then I recreated cuboid with min and max points. The script follows as below

Thanks for the suggestions.

2 Likes

Hi @Daniel_Hurtubise Thanks for your response. I’ll definitely give a try.