Create a Ceiling from Linked Point cloud file with tolerance of 1/4"

I was tasked to create a Ceiling from a point cloud file. I am having a tedious work on it using model in place because of the rough product of the cloud points and I need to maintain a tolerance of 1/4" on it. I came to an idea that maybe dynamo can help me to achieve it but I have a zero experience on dynamo but still trying to learn it in my spare time. Would you help me solve this problem as well guide me on learning this software. Thank you. I hope you can help me.

Hi and welcome to the forum :slight_smile:

Can you differentiate the points in the point cloud? What is a ceiling, what is a floor, or… ?
Do you import it from ReCap or third part software?

I think you can stop right there. Afaik ceilings can‘t be created via the Revit API.

Model in place perhaps?

My be better to let the point cloud drive the walls which make up th ceiling edges and use the auto ceiling tool though.

I have just updated the Sastrugi package to v 0.1.2 and this contains a node called :snowflake:_Select PointCloud Points in View.

This could be useful for your workflow to create some kind of geometry with pointcloud points. :wink:

ezgif-3-e3574082c1

1 Like

Interesting! I will give it a try :slight_smile: