Creare

Hello everyone,

I am a beginner and exploring Dynamo. My goal is to create a list that would number the pipes based on their diameter.

I’m working on a project in Dynamo 2.6.1.8850, and I’m encountering an issue related to the “List.Combine” node. My goal is to combine two lists using a custom function defined in a “Code Block” node. Here’s the code for the function:
def combine(x, y)
{
** return x + “_” + y;**
};
combine;
I have connected this function to the “comb” input of the “List.Combine” node and have used the “Sequence” and “List.Count” nodes to create the input lists “list1” and “list2.” The whole flow seems logical, but I’m receiving the following warning at the “List.Combine” node:
Warning: __Combine expects argument type(s) (Function, var), but was called with (function, var).
I’ve tried checking the connections, ensuring the data types are compatible, and using different variations of the function, but the issue persists.

I would appreciate any suggestions or solutions you might have. Has anyone else encountered this issue? Could it be a version-specific problem, or have I missed something?

Thank you in advance for your help!

Hello, here is an example with walls

Sincerely
christian.stan

1 Like

I’m trying to follow your model, but I’m encountering another problem. I don’t see the list of diameters as far as I can tell, which I assume is causing an error at the end of the program. If you can help me, I would be grateful.

hi @daniel.vrajitoru Diameter is an instance parameter, try just get the parameter value without element.type node

2 Likes

Thank you for the example; it was helpful.

1 Like

Good remark from Mr. Sovitek, I should have done with pipes
here is

Sincerely
christian.stan

2 Likes