Copy pipe / change size and move down

Hello everyone, I’m a bit lost here. I would like to automate my process, and I would like my selected pipe to be copied, resized, and moved below my main pipe. I did it manually as you can see with that red 1.5mm pipe, so my goal is to add that red pipe below my main pipe.

How could I do that?
Thank you in advance

Hi @Henrique-nandi and welcome…here is a way with copy by vector from clockwork…not sure if it something here you are after…

Revit_owiyqcVcaW

2 Likes

Hi Sovitek thank you for your answer,
I’d say it’s kind of that,probably I have to do some changes,could you share that script?

Actually, my pipes aren’t giving me points; they’re giving me lines when I connect to the Element.GetLocation node

Hi in my exemple i take the fitting location point, but you could do it with pipelines as well just take endpoint or startpoint from the location line…if it still not works for you then show you whole graph with all nodes expanded

1 Like

that’s it! it’s working perfect now! thank you Sovitek,
I really appreciate that.

1 Like

Hello Sovitek, I would like to add one more condition to this workflow. If it’s “Freeze,” I want only one pipe, just like we did before. However, if it’s “Process,” I would like to have two pipes side by side. What would be the best approach to achieve this?

Hi @Henrique.Nandi not really sure you want them now side by side, then we need another thing…here is one exemple for that…Is freeze a systemtype ? you could just filter it out in your selection…
Revit_wEbLZcVQqy

know this exemple is on ducts but same same for pipes

1 Like

Everything is perfect for my view and 3D elements now thanks to you, thank you very much for that. I have one last question, I promise this will be the last one. I would like to add Electrical - Heat Trace Tape family (Detail Items) over my pipe highlighted in yellow. How can I do that?

I have this, but still not showing the detail line over my pipe, I’m not sure if I need set some parameter for that works

Hi try detailcomponent by curve from clockwork

1 Like

Hello Sovitek, I used the DetailComponentByCurve and it worked well for the model lines, meaning I had to draw the model line over my pipe and then select it through the “Select Model Elements.” However, I would like to get references from my pipe, and when I try to do that, I receive a NULL value in the end. What could it be?

arhh sorry familyinstance by curve

Revit_h6Gf3risfB

1 Like

Sovitek, good morning. What if in the case of a pipe, I wanted to have 2 pipes running in parallel over my pipe? At what point in my script should I make this change?

almost the same as shown in these post, but try take the locationline translate in Z dir then offset in 2 normal direction and use mepover or openmep for create pipes…but now i think we have 2-3 thing in play in this topic…try play around with it :wink: