Copy Parameter from Area to Room by especific code (parameter)

Hello everyone,

I am a beguinner in dynamo so be pacient with me! In advanced, thank with all the help you can provide!

The idea is to copy the Area from the Area Plan to the Rooms so that I can put a Room Tag in the floor plan to get the right information of the Apartment.

I already bring the Area from the Area plan to the shared parameter Room Area Bruta (1).

The next step is to bring the Area from a specific apartment to a the right room. I have another parameter called Room Fraccao (3) that is the ‘ID’ of the Apartment that have to be equal between room and area.
How can I bring the right data (Room Area Bruta) from a specific apartment (Room Fraccao)?

Thank you!
Muralha

In our office, we solve this problem by placing an area plan (with only areas and area tags visible) on top of the floorplan on the sheet.

but if you want to do it your way you need to use List.GroupByKey to create sublists of rooms that belong to the Areas before inserting into the element.setparameterbyname node. The key being the values from “Room Fraccao” from the Rooms.

Make sure you’re mapping your rooms to the right area. In your current script you just match the first area with the first room. It’s highly unlikely that this will result in the correct mapping for any given project. You may need to check the locations of rooms with respect to the areas in the project.

1 Like

@timhevel Thank you for replying, I will try the solution of the Area plan on top of the floorplan!

But first I want to see if I can do this in dynamo :wink: