CoordynateSystem Geometry Transform

Hello,

I’m making a graph that will enumerate parking components, and mark them.
The idea is to base enumeration by X, and Y coordinates relative to any origin user chooses.
This is the desired result:

From what I understand, I need to set up a new coordinate system in dynamo.
This is the whole graph:

I made a family. Its location is the point that creates the origin of the new coordinate system. Inside this family, two shared families are nested. Their location create end points of vectors, which define X, and Y axis of the coordinate system.

I think that I am stuck with transforming the geometry of points generated by location of the parking components (or maybe I’m wrong). Take a look at Y values after transform. I expect to see 5 items with the same value, and another 5 items with the same value. But, what I get is this:

And this is the final result:

1 Like

You want to transform from the ‘base’ coordinate system (what the XY family defines) to the world coordinate system (CoordinateSystem.Identity node) using the Geometry.Transform node which takes a geometry, from coordinate system, and to coordinate system.

The result should be some points in an XY grid near the internal origin, not on the spots themselves. From there group the families by the Y coordinates and then sort the list of sublists by the keys. Next pull the locations again, transform to the identity coordinate system again, and finally sort the sublists by the X value.

1 Like

Ty! It works.

I avoided grouping though, used Python node to sort by two keys.