Convert civil 3D table to excel and modify simultaneously

I would like to know if it is possible to convert the civil table to Excel d
Selecting Table Objects with Dynamo_v3.dyn (40.6 KB)
Selecting Table Objects with Dynamo_v3.dyn (40.6 KB)
irectly update the Excel form and then re-import it to the civil form and the pipe network model will be updated accordingly.

WeTransfer - Send Large Files & Share Photos Online - Up to 2GB Free DWG FILE

1 Like

The Arkance Systems Node Library contains a node to read Civil 3D tables, but it is not possible to change the table or to update networks through the table.

You could try to update the network objects with the Excel data, which will result in an updated table.

2 Likes

I checked your dyn file and agree with @Anton_Huizinga
Two workflow should be the best.
One to write in to excel and one to read from excel

1 Like

Test this to export to excel.
I created this and didn’t care about the table at all because you need more than the Pipe Length to create Pressure Pipe Network.
Export from Pressure Pipe Network to Excel.dyn (67.5 KB)
PressurePipeNetwork.xlsx (19.1 KB)

Now it’s up to you to figure out how to import the stuff to your new file based on the info. I don’t know how to deal with it because I’m not familiar with what info you need to create a Pressure Pipe Network.

Please let me know how you solved it.

2 Likes

PressurePipeNetwork.xlsx (19.9 KB)
All the parameters in this table are used to generate the pressure pipe network. I just don’t know how to import these parameters back to CIVIL3D and let it generate the pressure pipe network model. :smiling_face_with_tear:
Export from Pressure Pipe Network to Excel_v4.dyn (108.1 KB)

Can I know how to update the network objects with the Excel data, which will result in an updated table. :sneezing_face:

Well, first of all you need to import data and create the Pressure Network
Use the Camber package to do that

That can be found in the excel, sheet PressurePipes and column PressurePipe.PipeNetworkName

I don’t have possibility to spend to much time on this, way to much at work, but here is what I can do for you, then you actually need to try by your self. If you set up the graph as below the graph will create the pressure network

3 Likes