Connection issue with accesories

So I am working on a script for automatically placing flanges on accessories that require flanges. The flange itself is defined as an accessory, so that it doesnt disappear as it would if defined as fitting.
The issue I am having is updating all the pipes.
The workflow is:
Draw everything you need, run script to add flanges. But as you can see in the image above, the pipes doesnt update to the correct connector position, even though they are connected there (MEPover ConnectTo). If I move the whole pipe/acc, it resolves as I want it. Does anyone have any tips how I can get this done without manually moving the pipe?

Hello @JorHje and welcome to the forum :wink: do you have a small sample rvt with that you could share ? you can use filetransfer, webtransfer etc…and upload the link here

Wetransfer link:

I that file, the red network should have the desired connection, and the blue the faulty ones (as I havent moved anything there yet)

Thanks the reason it hapennd is probably becaorse thats the primare connector in the family, not sure…

I will take a look later im little busy today

ps could you share the dyn file you use for insert these flanges

The butt weld part of the flange is actually the primary connector, so I dont think thats it.
The graph:

ok what happend if you make the other primary in the family ? and run you script (PS difficult to see whats happend)

Which connector is primary, makes no difference for the outcome unless I did it wrong (reassigned, loaded into project and overwrite)…

The thing is, the pipes actually connect to the right connector, they just dont update their length to reflect that a flange has come in between the pipe and the valve, unless you update the pipe (i.e change location/size)

arhh alright why not change the size and change back again…probably it could work…

Revit_o7e39rDShw

I tried that, but experienced inconsistencies. I see that you have a transection end node in between though. Will try that! Thank you :slight_smile:

1 Like

yes you will need a transaction