Connect GUID's and transfer element information

I have an Excel-sheet with a list of IfcGUID’s (several hundreds) and a list of Values that is connected to each IfcGUID.

What is the fastest and robust algorithm (node’s and sequence) to match that list with IfcGUID’s in the Revit-file. And then write the correct values accordingly?

Note! Assuming that I have the IfcGUID on the instances in the Revit-file. This is achieved by the setting (store IfcGUID in model when export to IFC).

can you post a picture of what excel sheet have ?
another question, does this excel sheet made from this Revit file previously ?

Hi, the workflow is:

• Export to IFC, from this Revit-file (IfcGuid is stored on each instance)
  • IFC-file is used in another software that generates a value
  • That new value would be nice to write to the same instances in Revit.

The Excel-file has basically two columns: IfcGuid and Value.

The only thing that is bothering me, is how to make a “look up” algortihm that matches IfcGuids and writes corresponding value.

can this software include element ID in this excel sheet ? it would be the perfect match

Nope. That other software only use IfcGUID. but if I had the element-ID, how would the script look?

you can match between element by their ID’s in different ways, dictionary nodes one of them,
if you could give upload a sample of your work it would be great to help you

1 Like

Good morning,
Did you manage to solve this? I have the same situation…
We have an excel file with a number of Walls and Rooms containing fire-rating information. Not all of the Walls and Rooms have been classified.
We need to establish a link based on the GUIDs of the elements…
It’s been a while since I’ve used Dynamo, and can’t seem to remember how we might solve this problem.
Many thanks for your help!

Hi
As mentioned above. The use of Dictionary is the way to go.
https://primer.dynamobim.org/09_Dictionaries/9_Dictionaries-In-Dynamo.html

1 Like

Many thanks,
I’ll give this a go :slight_smile:
M