Combining Parameters from Different Families in Dynamo

Hello Dynamo community,

I’m currently grappling with a Dynamo challenge and could use your expertise. In my dataset, I have a common parameter that exists in multiple families. However, for one family, it is a type parameter, while for another family, it is an instance parameter.

My objective is to combine these parameters into a single list, considering their respective types. I’ve tried various Dynamo scripts, but I’m encountering difficulties with duplicates and inconsistent results.

Has anyone successfully dealt with a similar scenario or can provide guidance on how to effectively combine parameters from different families, considering their instance and type nature?

Your insights and assistance are invaluable!

Thank you,

Rhythm has one node for both type and instance parameters. See if that will help.

1 Like

Another way to look at this is as a conditional: If a value exists in the first location, use that value; else, use a different value.

You can get both values (instance and type) and then check to see if one is blank. If so, use the other value.

I will look into that tomorrow thank you

Thank you, Nick. It’s an interesting idea. I am not quite familiar with conditional scripts, but I am sure there is something to find on the forums.

This was the node I was looking for,thank you for your help.

1 Like