Combining 3 shared parameter values into a single built in parameter

Hi,

This is my first attempt at using dynamo. What I am trying to do is create something that would take the 3 shared parameters that I have in my Revit sheet titleblock and concatenate(combine )the 3 into a singular Sheet name parameter. It appears that I am unable to extract information from the share parameters so nothing is showing up in the watch list. I have found that if I substitute system parameters that it works up to there. I am unsure about that information beyond the watchlist. Can anyone give me some pointers for this, my file should be attached below? Thanks

Concat 3

that is the kind of thing I would not bother doing in Dynamo but with some addin that uses excel to revit back and forth. (something like bimlink for example)

then in excel you can use the CONCATENER command to work things out

jm

I was thinking about using that however i am trying to eliminate extra work that would have to be done each time to type in the concaatenate formula in an excel file after it has been exported. I know that imaginit’s toolbar has a concatenator tool on them, but it has redundant tools that I already have on other addins.

william try that python.

it expects 2 parameters as input ( here “Type_Lib” and “Type_Value” and concatenates them to “OUT”

for three parameters just extend the definition.

hope that helps:

Type_Lib = IN[0]
Type_Value = IN[1]
Out_list = list()

for i in range(0,len(Type_Lib)):
out1 =’’.join(Type_Lib[i]) + " " + ‘’.join(Type_Value[i])
Out_list.append(out1)
OUT=Out_list

published a package named “ConcatParameter”

or try that:codes

The code block worked perfectly for what i needed. Let me ask a question that was brought to my attention. In my dynamo file i have this concat applying to each object in a category every time its run. Is it possible to only apply it to an instance as it is created and/or modified? I know that if i have run automatically checked and dynamo running in the background that it will update all instances every time a change happens in that category.

i would suggest another shared parameter holding the date of the first run.

afterwards you might introduce a query on date before changing again.